If a class association and a club in one country would organize a Official NordicChampionship, they have to have an approval from the Nordic Sailing Federation The procedure is very simpel:
1. Contact the class organizations in the other Nordic countries and inform themthat you intend to arrange Nordic Championships so there is not more than one event.
2. Search the approval / sanction for the competition in the country the competitionwould be organized.
3. Apply on this link at the latest May 31 or at least 2 months before the championship.
4. The championship will appear on this list and the event is apporoved if you have followed the steps above. If you need to change any information on the list you contact Swedish Sailing Federation.
5. Order the Championship medals at the Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation
6. Organize the championship and send in the results to Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation. The results will appear on nordicsailing.org eventually.
Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation is resopnsible for the medals and collecting results from Nordic Championships.
Order the medals in good time before the event as the office can be closed at times during summer.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your order. Specify your name, class/-es, number of gold silver and bronze medals and the address where the medals should be sent.
After the event the results should be sent to Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation in the following format.
xx participants from x nations (DEN, FIN, SWE)
1 NAT Name
2 NAT Name
3 NAT Name